- Russia's Increased Weapons Production Provokes Call for Tighter Sanctionson September 29, 2023 at 2:09 pm
"Russia uses CNC machines to produce physical parts that are then used in almost all of its weapons," Mark Savchuk told Newsweek.
- Flash Flood Warning in Effect As Storm Brings Heavy Rain to New York Cityby Hurubie Meko on September 29, 2023 at 2:08 pm
A flash-flood warning was in effect for much of New York City on Friday, as commuters navigated flooded roadways and subway disruptions.
- San Francisco's Waymo and Cruise have become city's newest TOURIST ATTRACTIONon September 29, 2023 at 2:06 pm
San Fransisco's driverless taxis have turned into the city's newest tourist attraction and pushed the Golden Gate Bridge down the bucket-list. Waymo and Cruise […]
- Student Loan Payments Have Begun Again and There Are Some Big Changeson September 29, 2023 at 2:06 pm
These changes will be a lifeline for borrowers who will be facing confusion, uncertainty, and financial hardships after years of being free of the burden of […]
- Ryder Cup 2023 LIVE: Ruthless Rory McIlroy and Matt Fitzpatrick lead by SIX after seven holes against Xander Schauffele and Collin Morikawa as Luke Donald's side try to extend 4-0 starton September 29, 2023 at 2:06 pm
Follow Mail Sport's live blog as Ryder Cup 2023 gets underway, with Rory McIlroy set to feature on Day One at the Marco Simone Golf & Country Club.
- Democrat Sen. Dianne Feinstein dead at 90: Gavin Newsom pays tribute to 'political giant' first female San Francisco mayor who passed away at her D.C. home just hours after casting her final voteon September 29, 2023 at 2:06 pm
Democratic Senator Dianne Feinstein has died at the age of 90 after a long struggle with health issues and a distinguished political career that saw her break […]
- A trailblazer who survived beatings from her alcoholic mother to become a giant for women in politics: Dianne Feinstein - from single mom at 26 to San Francisco's first female mayor and three decades in Congresson September 29, 2023 at 2:05 pm
Dianne Feinstein, the nation's oldest senator and a longtime liberal powerhouse, passed away at 90 Friday morning after more than three decades in the upper […]
- Dianne Feinstein, Oldest Sitting Senator and a Fixture of California Politics, Dies at 90by Robert D. McFadden on September 29, 2023 at 2:05 pm
She achieved remarkable political breakthroughs as a woman, becoming San Francisco’s first female mayor and the first woman elected to the Senate from […]
- NYC issues flash flood warning as entire Brooklyn street is submerged in water and LaGuardia Airport terminal is cut offon September 29, 2023 at 2:04 pm
New York City was drenched on Friday as flash flooding hit the roads during rush hour and up to seven inches of rain are forecast.
- What if the Framers Got Something Critical Wrong?by Jamelle Bouie on September 29, 2023 at 2:01 pm
The history of thwarted majorities is very instructive.
- Dianne Feinstein's life in photoson September 29, 2023 at 2:00 pm
Senator Dianne Feinstein, 90, has passed away after suffering from extensive health issues for more than a year.
- Prehistoric plimsoles! Europe's oldest SHOES are discovered in a Spanish bat cave dating back 6,000 yearson September 29, 2023 at 1:59 pm
Europe's oldest shoes have been discovered remarkably well-preserved after lying inside a Spanish bat cave for more than 6,000 years.
- Sunak claims ‘anti-motorist’ policies are against British values as he aims to limit 20mph speed zones – UK politics liveby Andrew Sparrow on September 29, 2023 at 1:59 pm
PM preparing to curb English councils from introducing speed limits ahead of party conference UK sanctions have been imposed on Russian officials involved in […]
- New Hampshire project to protect 3,700 acres of foreston September 29, 2023 at 1:58 pm
A conservation project has been completed to protect two forests near New Hampshire, the Shelburne Valley Forest and the Bald Cap Peak Forest.
- Russia-Ukraine war live: Putin meets former Wagner commander Andrei Troshevby Martin Belam (now); Yohannes Lowe and Helen Sullivan (earlier) on September 29, 2023 at 1:57 pm
Russian president meets former top commander for mercenary group in latest attempt to show state has gained control over Wagner Russia-Ukraine war at a glance […]
- Ryder Cup 2023: Europe lead 4-0 against USA on day one – liveby Scott Murray (now) and Gregg Bakowski (for a bit) on September 29, 2023 at 1:57 pm
Live updates from day one’s play, starting at 6.35am BST Official scoreboard | And you can contact Scott via email Collin Morikawa’s opening shot is a […]
- All eyes on Gavin Newsom who will REPLACE 'political giant' Dianne Feinstein: California Governor faces tough decision to pick new Senator before crucial election next yearon September 29, 2023 at 1:57 pm
'The answer is yes,' Newsom told MSNBC in March when asked if he would name a black woman in the event of a vacancy in Dianne Feinstein's seat.
- New York Flood Videos Show Whole Streets Submerged Amid Heavy Rainon September 29, 2023 at 1:55 pm
Footage has been shared on social media showing flash flooding in Brooklyn and Queens.
- It's AI Armageddon - and in this breathtaking sci-fi thriller the only way to save humans is by destroying an adorable robot child: LARUSHKA IVAN-ZADEH reviews The Creatoron September 29, 2023 at 1:54 pm
From Tom Cruise 's enemy in Mission: Impossible 7 to the recent actors' and writers' strikes, there's one baddie dominating Hollywood right now and that's […]
- Biden Administration to Offer Fewest Offshore Oil and Gas Leases in Historyby Lisa Friedman on September 29, 2023 at 1:54 pm
A new plan to sell offshore drilling rights will be limited to three spots, all in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Congress scrambles to avoid shutdown; California’s Feinstein dies at 90 – US politics liveby Chris Stein on September 29, 2023 at 1:54 pm
With less than 48 hours before a potential shutdown, there’s no sign of a deal to keep the government open; Dianne Feinstein, the longest-serving female […]
- Spanish People’s party leader fails in bid to become prime minister – Europe liveby Lili Bayer in Brussels on September 29, 2023 at 1:52 pm
Alberto Núñez Feijóo, leader of right-leaning party, fails to gain enough votes from MPs to become PM As expected, socialist MP Óscar Puente did not mince […]
- Elon Musk's satellites litter the heavens as astonishing video shows how 5,000 Starlink aircraft are whizzing around the Earth and 'will soon outnumber the stars'on September 29, 2023 at 1:51 pm
Video footage of a world map featuring all of the Starlink satellites represented by little orange dots showed the shocking number of Musk's aircrafts that are […]
- Conservatives call for GOP candidates to drop out after 2nd debate: 'Time to thin the herd'on September 29, 2023 at 1:50 pm
Conservatives on social media called for the GOP presidential field to narrow after Wednesday's debate with several calling for a one-on-one matchup between […]
- European Support for Ukraine Aid Is Plummetingon September 29, 2023 at 1:49 pm
Just 24 percent of EU citizens "totally agree" with providing Ukraine with money for weapons, according to a new poll.
- Inflation Measure Favored by the Fed Cooled in Augustby Jeanna Smialek on September 29, 2023 at 1:49 pm
The Personal Consumption Expenditures Index climbed more slowly, after cutting out food and fuel prices for a sense of the underlying trend.
- Antony to be available for Manchester United selection, WSL returns: football news – liveby John Brewin (now) Yara El-Shaboury (earlier) on September 29, 2023 at 1:48 pm
News and press conference updates before weekend games Got something to share? Email or tweet John with your thoughts Emma Hayes adds some thoughts on her new […]
- Fearless businesswoman who broke mafia code of silence to secretly record Sicilian mob boss Matteo Messina Denaro's cousin says 'The Devil has returned to Hell' after godfather's death aged 62on September 29, 2023 at 1:48 pm
EXCLUSIVE: Elena Ferraro, 48, was targeted by the now dead boss of the Italian Mafia while he was on the run - sending his cousin Mario Messina Denaro to 'make […]
- BBQs, buffets and doggy-bags are a no-no and I'll NEVER touch oysters: Microbiologist's must-know guide on what (and WHERE) you shouldn't eaton September 29, 2023 at 1:47 pm
Dr Primrose Freestone, a senior lecturer at the University of Leicester, avoids eating in certain settings - such as BBQs and picnics - and never asks for a […]
- Mauricio Pochettino to take bigger role in Chelsea’s transfer businessby Jacob Steinberg on September 29, 2023 at 1:46 pm
Head coach will be more involved in January window ‘I have started to work to identify what we need for January’ Mauricio Pochettino is taking greater […]
- Thousands of park rangers to be furloughed if US government shuts downon September 29, 2023 at 1:42 pm
According to the Department of Interior, hundreds of national parks may close if Congress doesn’t reach a budget soon. Thousands of park rangers may also be […]
- Wife Leaving After Husband Demanded She Care for Stepdaughter's Baby Backedon September 29, 2023 at 1:41 pm
A forensic psychiatrist told Newsweek that the woman shouldn't be pressured into caring for her stepdaughter's baby.
- House to vote on CR funding bill as government faces likely shutdown this weekendon September 29, 2023 at 1:39 pm
The House is set to vote on a continuing resolution (CR) on Friday to avoid a partial government shutdown, but it's not clear whether it will pass.
- Shocking moment five Border Patrol agents CUT through razor wire at Eagle Pass and allow migrants to enter the US - after Texas Governor Abbott re-installed it along Rio Grandeon September 29, 2023 at 1:36 pm
The group can be seen actively pulling away the razor wire and cutting it with what appears to be bolt cutters before helping numerous migrants up an […]
- Putin selects former Prigozhin aide to train Ukrainian volunteerson September 29, 2023 at 1:34 pm
Russian President Vladimir Putin has appointed a former aide to deceased Wagner Group chief Yevgeny Prigozhin as a leader in training Ukrainian volunteers.
- UK mortgage approvals hit six-month low; pandemic recovery faster than expected – business liveby Graeme Wearden on September 29, 2023 at 1:33 pm
Updated GDP figures show UK recovering faster from pandemic than Germany or France, but mortgage approvals have fallen UK economy makes stronger recovery from […]
- Bedbug crisis sparks political row in Paris as insect ‘scourge’ continuesby Angelique Chrisafis in Paris on September 29, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Disgust spreads across country as travellers post videos apparently showing insects on Paris public transport France’s growing bedbug crisis has sparked a […]
- I feel sickened with myself for shouting at my child. Please help | Ask Annalisa Barbieriby Annalisa Barbieri on September 29, 2023 at 1:30 pm
You say you’d never hurt your children, but you do seem scared of losing control I am a parent of two small children, three years old and six months, and am […]
- Europe's richest man Bernard Arnault, 74, faces money laundering probe in France over 'ski-resort property deal' linked to Russian billionaire oligarch Nikolai Sarkisovon September 29, 2023 at 1:27 pm
French investigators have been stepping up their investigations of Russian investors since Putin's Ukraine invasion.
- What It Means If Your Dog Pushes Their Nose Into People—the Answer Is Adorableon September 29, 2023 at 1:27 pm
A dog isn't just asking for attention when they nudge their owner with their nose—experts say this gesture can also be a sign of affection.
- Scientists are developing an implant smaller than a crayon that doctors hope will cure cancer in 60 DAYSon September 29, 2023 at 1:26 pm
Researchers from seven states led by Rice University in Houston, Texas, have developed a three-inch implantable device that works as a drug administration […]
- Gavin Newsom Is a (Strategic) Swiftieon September 29, 2023 at 1:26 pm
The California Democrat said Taylor Swift is "using her celebrity for good" when asked how she could impact the 2024 elections.
- More than ₴67 million allocated for restoration of house destroyed by Russian missile in Umanon September 29, 2023 at 2:00 pm
The state budget has allocated 67.6 million hryvnias for the repair of a building destroyed by a Russian missile on April 28 in Uman, the Cherkasy region.
- Bulgaria plans to revise defense policy due to Russian provocations in Black Seaon September 29, 2023 at 1:45 pm
Russia is using fictitious military exercises in the Black Sea to block the export of Ukrainian grain, and this poses a risk to Bulgaria's security.
- France wants to sell weapons to Ukraine, set up joint production – defense ministeron September 29, 2023 at 1:37 pm
France wants to position itself on the Ukrainian market more globally, not only donating old weapons and helping with air defense systems but also encouraging […]
- Economy Ministry: 50 unnecessary permits canceled in Ukraine this yearon September 29, 2023 at 1:17 pm
In the nine months of the Interagency Working Group on Deregulation's work, 50 unnecessary permits have been canceled in Ukraine, and another 200 are planned […]
- New management, supervisory board to operate at Energoatom at year starton September 29, 2023 at 1:08 pm
State Enterprise National Nuclear Power Company Energoatom will become a joint-stock company. The process of selecting an independent supervisory board will be […]
- Explosion occurs in Berdianskon September 29, 2023 at 12:47 pm
Residents of the temporarily occupied Berdiansk, in the Zaporizhzhia region, report a powerful explosion.
- MFA responds to Orban's statement about 'Ukrainian territory,' accession to EUon September 29, 2023 at 12:38 pm
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine has responded to a statement by Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban who said he did not know how big Ukraine is in […]
- Bomber hits religious gatherings in Pakistan killing and injuring dozensby Saleem Ahmed on September 29, 2023 at 12:21 pm
Muslims were marking the birthday of Prophet Mohammed in the restive Balochistan province when they were attacked.
- All residents evacuated from Synkivka in Kharkiv regionon September 29, 2023 at 12:21 pm
At night on September 29, the last five residents were evacuated from the frontline village of Synkivka, in the Kupiansk district, in the Kharkiv region. There […]
- Romania bolsters air defenses near Ukraine border due to Russian drones - Reuterson September 29, 2023 at 12:19 pm
Romania is moving air defenses closer to its Danube villages across the river from Ukraine where Russian drones have been attacking grain facilities, and is […]
- Russia deploys off Crimea coast three warships carrying 24 Kalibr missileson September 29, 2023 at 12:00 pm
The Russian Navy has increased the number of its missile carriers in the Black Sea to three. Currently, their total salvo is 24 Kalibr cruise missiles.
- Multi-storey buildings being restored in Irpin at expense of Fund for Elimination of Consequences of Armed Aggressionon September 29, 2023 at 11:54 am
In Irpin, in the Kyiv region, multi-storey buildings are being restored at the expense of the Fund for the Elimination of the Consequences of Armed Aggression.
- UK announces new sanctions in response to Russian sham elections in Ukraineon September 29, 2023 at 11:41 am
More Russian officials involved in the illegal invasion of Ukraine are hit with new sanctions, including movement and financial restrictions, announced by […]
- Ukrainian drone takes out Russia’s "unique" Kasta radar in Kursk regionon September 29, 2023 at 11:27 am
An unmanned aerial vehicle carrying an explosive payload destroyed a Russian Kasta radar station in Kursk region.
- Ukraine plans to return economy to pre-war level in four yearson September 29, 2023 at 11:23 am
The Ministry of Economy plans to return the economy to the pre-war level and exceed this figure within four years.
- Russia jamming GPS signal in Romanian territorial waters - top commanderon September 29, 2023 at 11:04 am
The Romanian Army Chief of Staff, General Daniel Petrescu, says Russia’s war against Ukraine has fundamentally destabilized the Black Sea region.
- Russia recruiting Cubans for war in Ukraine - details revealedon September 29, 2023 at 10:46 am
Eight Cubans recruited by Russia for its war against Ukraine spoke up about the recruitment process that is believed to have already engaged at least 140 Cuban […]
- Zelensky honors memory of Babyn Yar victimson September 29, 2023 at 10:22 am
On the 82nd anniversary of the Babyn Yar tragedy, President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine paid tribute to the memory of the victims of the mass executions of […]
- Russia on search for “subversive group” as flight dispatcher goes missing from Crimea military airfieldon September 29, 2023 at 10:04 am
In the temporarily occupied Crimea, law enforcers have been searching for a missing dispatcher from a Saky military airfield who has gone missing without a […]
- U.S. House approves $300 million tranche for Ukraineon September 29, 2023 at 9:45 am
The House of Representatives on Thursday night voted to allocate $300 million in support for Ukraine.
- Exposed: Russian intelligence bosses behind blasts at army depots in Ukraine, Czechiaon September 29, 2023 at 9:16 am
Ukrainian law enforcers have evidence of the involvement of Russian intelligence agencies in the 2014 explosions at military warehouses in the Czech Republic, […]
- Wagner fighters likely started to redeploy to Ukraine - UK intelligenceon September 29, 2023 at 9:03 am
In recent weeks, up to hundreds of fighters formerly associated with the Wagner Group private military company (PMC) have likely started to redeploy to Ukraine […]
- Tractor driver explodes on mine in Kherson regionon September 29, 2023 at 8:46 am
A tractor hit an enemy mine in the Beryslav district of the Kherson region, and the driver was injured.
- EU already provided EUR 81B in aid to Ukraine - Ursula von der Leyenon September 29, 2023 at 8:37 am
Since the beginning of Russia’s full-scale aggression, the EU has provided financial, humanitarian and military aid worth EUR 81 billion to Ukraine.
- Three die in twin Dutch shootingson September 29, 2023 at 8:30 am
Three people have died in twin shootings in the Dutch port city of Rotterdam.
- Specialists from Poltava region restore 44 houses in Kherson regionon September 29, 2023 at 8:19 am
Specialists from the Poltava region installed new roofs, windows and doors in 44 homes of residents of Pravdyne and Chkalove in the Kherson region.
- IAEA approves resolution calling for immediate return of ZNPP to full control of Ukraineon September 29, 2023 at 8:03 am
The 67th General Conference of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) approved a resolution that calls for the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant (NPP) to […]
- Stefanchuk discusses Peace Formula with Moldovan speakeron September 29, 2023 at 7:39 am
Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Ruslan Stefanchuk has discussed European integration and the implementation of the Ukrainian Peace Formula with […]
- Two civilians injured as invaders shell Kherson city centeron September 29, 2023 at 7:29 am
On Friday morning, Russian troops shelled the central part of Kherson city, injuring two utility workers.
- Russia keeps two missile carriers in Black Seaon September 29, 2023 at 7:20 am
In the Black Sea, as of Friday morning, September 29, Russia keeps seven ships on combat duty, including two Kalibr cruise missile carriers.
- Invaders shell Zaporizhzhia region 116 times in 24 hourson September 29, 2023 at 6:50 am
Yesterday, on September 28, the Russian army fired 116 times at the Zaporizhzhia region.
- Three civilians killed, five injured in Russian shelling of Kherson regionon September 29, 2023 at 6:36 am
The Russian forces shelled Kherson region 96 times on Thursday, September 28, killing three civilians and injuring another five.
- These mothers were handed the wrong babies. A year later they have been reunited with themby Chris Barrett and Karuni Rompies on September 29, 2023 at 5:54 am
First there were suspicions, then there were DNA tests. Then, in the weeks leading up to the swap, there were bonding visits.
- What the Senate's New Dress Code Is Really Abouton September 29, 2023 at 5:00 am
The collapse of civility is never sudden.
- Dealing with Consequenceson September 29, 2023 at 5:00 am
Biden is trying to create a consequence-free society. Decisions have consequences in the real world, but not in Biden-world.
- Arbitrary Decision of Federal Bureaucrats Impoverishes Alaskan Nativeson September 29, 2023 at 5:00 am
Unelected bureaucrats impose far-reaching decisions without legislative scrutiny or accountability and Alaskan Natives suffer.
- What Our Oceans Say about Global Warmingon September 29, 2023 at 5:00 am
Basically, the U.N. should be embarrassed.
- Globalism Must Be Destroyedon September 29, 2023 at 5:00 am
Globalism is a cancer on the soul that thrives only in a terribly pessimistic world.
- The Death of the Libraryon September 29, 2023 at 5:00 am
Book-banning is a serious problem — but it's the left doing it, not the right.
- Republican hardliners plot to replace McCarthy with one of his deputiesby Leigh Ann Caldwell and Marianna Sotomayor on September 29, 2023 at 4:44 am
Members of the far-right faction of the party are coalescing around nominating a House Speaker more attuned to their concerns and desired conservative results.
- Newspaper called out for pushing 'false narrative' about indigenous leaders switching to 'Yes' voteby Rebel News on September 29, 2023 at 4:39 am
- World of Photos - September 29, 2023on September 29, 2023 at 3:55 am
The best photos from the international wire agencies as chosen by our picture editors.
- ‘Never discussed’: Timor president denies military cooperation with Chinaby Kirsty Needham on September 29, 2023 at 2:57 am
The president defended last week’s strategic deal with Beijing as purely for infrastructure and agriculture investment. His country needs to “feed its […]
- Struggling 'Yes' campaign scores own goal with bizarre drag queen UK launch eventby Rebel News on September 29, 2023 at 2:56 am
- Britain’s beloved Sycamore Gap tree felled in ‘deliberate act of vandalism’by Farouq Suleiman on September 29, 2023 at 1:57 am
A much-loved landmark whose dramatic silhouette featured in a Hollywood film and was photographed by tourists from around the world has been cut down.